martedì 7 ottobre 2008

the Beauty of Linux...

Here is a screenshot of the setup I currently use with windows and Ubuntu side by side. I was a bit nervous making the transition to linux so I kept my windows to boot up into if I had to, but immediately just stopped using windows.

Seriously though, I use windows for almost nothing, possibly only 3 programs that I find easier to use under windows. In Ubuntu (the version of Linux that i use) and possibly only use windows once a week or every two...

& as you can see, windows runs great inside of Linux! With all the cool effects Linux (beats Vista eyecandy hands down any day!) I only use about 15% of my RAM at any given time. All that to say, with linux coming up so fast and beautifully, I think Bill Gates did well to quit while he was still ahead!

Nessun commento: